This recipe is easy to prepare since it uses the Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix.
Recipe from Bob’s Red Mill
- Butter - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Eggs* - 2
- Yeast Packet - (from package)
- Warm Water - 1 cup
- Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix - 1 - 16 pkg (3 1/4 cups)
- Rice Flour - (for dusting)
- Dough -
1/4 cup Butter, melted
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 To replace the eggs, combine 2 Tb Flaxseed Meal with 6 Tb of water; mix and let stand 5 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- 2Add 1 Tb of the sugar to the warm water. Sprinkle the yeast packet on top of water and let sit 5 minutes. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, making sure to blend in completely.
- 3 Add the yeast mixture to the butter/egg mixture and blend. Add in the pizza crust mix; blend two minutes. Heavily dust a foot long sheet of wax paper with rice flour. Spread batter over the length of the wax paper, about 19 inches. Using warm water, wet your hands and press the batter outward to fill the sheet. Keep your hands wet. Once the batter evenly covers the wax paper, brush melted butter over the batter from edge to edge.
- 4Combine the cinnamon and sugar and then sprinkle mixture over the batter from edge to edge. Pick up the short end of the wax paper and begin carefully rolling the batter over itself like you would a jelly roll. Cut the roll into 1 inch pieces and gently place the disks into the 8 x 8 inch greased pan. It is okay to crowd them.
- 5Let the rolls rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven, cool until the butter stops bubbling then flip out onto a plate. Makes 8 cinnamon rolls.