This recipe is packed with good-for-you foods! Buy or purchase a whole grian crust (make it gluten-free if you have a gluten sensitivity) to prolong digestion, and set yourself up for a great morning of satiety! Using feta cheese cuts down on the fat content that you might get in other cheeses, but this is a very versatile recipe that you can easily make to your taste and your nutritional needs.
Recipe from allrecipes.com
Health Nuts Unite! Follow Us...
- Pie Crust - 9 inch
- Eggs - 3
- Milk - 1 1/2 cups
- All-Purpose Flour - 1 tablespoon
- Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Fresh Mushrooms - 1/2 cup sliced
- Fresh Spinach - 1/2 cup chopped
- Broccoli Florets - 1/2 cup chopped
- Greek Feta - 1/4 cup crumbled
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground Black Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line pie pan with pie crust, and place a double layer of aluminum foil over the crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, and then remove foil. Continue baking until crust begins to set, about 5 to 7 minutes; remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with milk and flour. Stir in onion, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into hot crust.
- 3 Bake quiche at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes to one hour. Quiche is done when knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cover edges of crust with foil if crusts begin to brown too quickly.