Recipe from Coconut WorldHealth Nuts Unite! Follow Us...
- All-Bran Cereal - 4oz/1.25 cups
- 1% Milk - 12.50 ounces/1.5 cups
- Black Raisins - 4.5 oz/.75 cup
- All-Purpose Flour - 7.0 ounces/1.5 cups
- Coconut Sugar - 2.75 oz/.3 cup packed
- Baking Powder - 3.5 teaspoons
- Baking Soda - 0.5 teaspoon
- Salt - 0.5 teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon fresh ground (0.08 oz) or 2 teaspoons preground (.16 oz)
- Canola Oil - 3 oz/6 tablespoons
- Egg - 1
- 2 To replace the eggs, combine 2 Tb Flaxseed Meal with 6 Tb of water; mix and let stand 5 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- 3Add 1 Tb of the sugar to the warm water. Sprinkle the yeast packet on top of water and let sit 5 minutes. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, making sure to blend in completely.
- 4 Add the yeast mixture to the butter/egg mixture and blend. Add in the pizza crust mix; blend two minutes. Heavily dust a foot long sheet of wax paper with rice flour. Spread batter over the length of the wax paper, about 19 inches. Using warm water, wet your hands and press the batter outward to fill the sheet. Keep your hands wet. Once the batter evenly covers the wax paper, brush melted butter over the batter from edge to edge.
- 5Combine the cinnamon and sugar and then sprinkle mixture over the batter from edge to edge. Pick up the short end of the wax paper and begin carefully rolling the batter over itself like you would a jelly roll. Cut the roll into 1 inch pieces and gently place the disks into the 8 x 8 inch greased pan. It is okay to crowd them.
- 6Preheat oven to 400F
- 7Stir together the cereal and milk in a large bowl, let stand 5 minutes.
- 8Boil a cup of water and hydrate the raisins in the water for 5 minutes. Drain and retain raisins.
- 9Combine flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Combine with a whisk.
- 10Add egg and canola oil to the bran and milk. Blend with a fork. Add the flour mix, stirring until just combined. Fold in the raisins. Spread the batter among 12 muffin cups.
- 11Place the muffin tin on the hot oven. Bake about 20 minutes. Remove from oven to a rack, let cool for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from tin to rack for final cooling.